Monday, May 25, 2009

Isidro y Juanita Hinojosa

This is a time of healing, and loving... Many way's , and time's we look up to each for comfort, and guidance... Many time's we help each other without asking, why, or when, we just do it... We are all family, and need not ask, what will I get from it, or how can I afford it... It's like crossing a busy highway without looking, because that is what you do for Family... Sometime's we sink our teeth into something that you know is not your favorite food, but with food, you can always spit it out... Well you can't spit family out, but sometime's it still give's you a sour taste in your mouth... I know how this feel's, but choose to keep my mouth shut...

Mom, and Dad can't do that, well they may think it, but they will never close their mouth's... We are encouraged by their up-bringing, and we pass this on to our children, who in turn will pass it on... I remember when we lived in Lansing, and every summer we would take a trip to Mexico, to visit the family... We were taught that a family who play's together, stay's together... I think of all that Mom, and Dad did for us, and ask myself, why can't I do more for them?... Then I remember that that they also taught us that, just a phone call is all they needed, just to hear our voice, and know that we were doing fine... 10 minute's, 20 minute's, or even 30 minute's, if we can do that once a week, or even twice a month, hell that's all they want, just to know that they still mean something in your life, that they helped get started...

I sometime's know how they feel, well at least from my son, Jacob, who never call's, but I still Love him, and try to remind him that I would like to hear from him every once in a while, but I would get more of a response from a brick wall... Kailee on the other hand, will text me, call at least twice a week, and tell me that she Love's me... So don't tell yourself that you talk to them, because the hill's have eye's... Put the shoe on the other foot, and see if all of your children keep a steady form of communication with you, and remember, "THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE"...

I guess I said all that to say this, our Parent's are up in age, and they lost a son, that was a devistating blow to their heart and soul... So please talk to them...

Love Y'all

Eliud Cesar Hinojosa


1 comment:

  1. I talked to Mom & Dad today. It was sad, Dad told me today was the 27th. Mom was also sad. I keep reminding Mom to keep her thoughts of Jorge to be joyous and happy, to remember the good times. But it is hard for them. Your right thou, everyone should call them or even sent a note once a month, a card, just to say hello. I am glad Christy keeps in touch with me once a day, by phone, text, email or facebook. It just makes my day as well.

    ReplyDelete