Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's a Contest

So in "these tough economic times" everyone can stand to save money. But Billy and I are making it a competition, and I am determined to win. I think I have a leg up on the competition because I usually do the bills and find the savings. I think I have a better idea of where we can cut costs. So Billy better watch out, it's on! Today will be our first bout as we go grocery shopping. Billy has given up his popsiciles. I have some coupons, and have planned to split up our shopping trip between rite aid and kroger due to some awesome coupons. I'm hoping we can hover around $75 for groceries this week.

We are still waiting on the Re-enlistment news. As usual. But hopefully we will hear something this week. Billy is doing a good job about staying positive, but it's frusterating not knowing.

This weekend is Robbie's birthday and he's going to spend the weekend with us. We are going to go eat at the kooky canuck, which is yummy. And I'm going to make Robbie a birthday cake (red velvet) and we are going to watch the GI Joe movie. Billy and I have a gift card for the theater, so, bam, still saving money! I hope everyone is having a good week.

I get by with a little help from my friends

1 comment:

  1. word....had a good weekend, yo! thanks for the yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete