Thursday, April 23, 2009

The "Beaner" Salad.

Inspired by the 3 Bean Salad most white folks make...
Here is our very own...

The "Beaner" Salad (5 Bean Salad)

1 can of whole Kidney Beans

1 can of Louisiana Style Red Beans (whole)

1 can of whole Garbanzo Beans

1 can of whole Black Beans

and of course

1 can of whole Pinto Beans (for the mexi touch)

Directions:
Dump out most of the liquid inside each can (except for the Louisiana Style Red beans. This sauce is needed for flavor)
Add each can into Large Bowl.
Mix
Done...
Dish can be served cold, or heated. When heated it becomes more flavorful.





This is my new favorite. Its chalked FULLL of fiber, protein and other awesome nutrients :)
I eat it for lunch or dinner, some times snack too. Best idea I've had since my original recipe homemade Burgers, HAHA...

I'd like to give thanks to my father, Uncle Cesar, and Susan. They not only made fun of me when I asked for their help (hahahahaha) but they helped me figure out what beans would be best suited together.
And there you have it. Our very own Beaner Salad :)

Enjoy.


Disclaimer: not suited for ppl who dont obviously love beans, but also can handle a bit of a bland dish, lol. No Salt is added, or seasoning, just the seasoning included in the "Louisiana Style Red beans" ie: Onions, tomatoes, cajun spice, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment